Monday, May 12, 2008

Our Big News . . .


Baby is PERFECT! And . . . IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!



He was sooooo cute today - he was asleep but had the hiccups and was bouncing all over the place. The tech took one look and said "Look at your perfect baby, I have another dr. who has to see this!" She went and got a 50 y.o. (about) male dr. who is training to do NT scans and he walked in and said "Awwwwwww, wook at the pefect wittle baby!" At that point, I knew the scan was going well! :):) Anyway, his measurements are perfect and my risk is 1 in 2888 for Downs and 1 in 5500 for Tri 13/18, so no CVS or amnio for me. She also said his brain, skull, kidneys, and heart look absolutely perfect, as does the placenta, which is anterior, and the amniotic fluid. HB was a perfect 160. I asked if we could get the money shot and she totally did - she got a shot looking down his belly with his little feet and legs in the air and she cracked up and said to me "what do you think it is?" I took one look at the screen and said - "I think that's a BOY!" We checked from the other direction and there was no downward pointing stub, so it's pretty sure it's a boy! I am so excited and DH is over the moon!!! I don't have a good scan of the money shot, but I will post it when I get home - I'm at work so could only scan one pic before getting bounced off the scanner.

3 comments:

Polly Gamwich said...

Yay ... what awesome news!!

CONGRATS honey!!

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

Yaaay! Congrats on your SON!! How far along are you now?

Polly Gamwich said...

Hi there ... just checking in ... wanted to see how it's all going?

I'm not on FF anymore ... so this is how I stalk you. Hope all is well!!!