Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Pills, Pills and More Pills

Let me preface this by saying I HATE to take any medicine I don't need. I've been known to switch to plain old Tylenol two days after breaking a bone rather than taking the prescription stuff. I also was never big on taking vitamins every day. THAT all certainly changed when I started TTC (trying to concieve). My daily regimine at the moment is:

16 little bb shaped pills of chinese herbs twice per day. Yes, that is 32 per day!
One Prenatal vitamin
One B-6 vitamin
If on Clomid- one Clomid per day for 5 days
When on Progesterone, 3 capsules per day for 14 days

In a 30 day month, that's 1607 pills! I feel like a drug addict now.

2 comments:

Polly Gamwich said...

holy canoli ... i switched from OTC prenatals that required 4/day to one rx version that was only 1/day since I'm no fan of pills either!

Also, I know that you're no where near ready to hear this, but I don't want to forget to tell you that Stanford University fertility clinic is running an IVF trail, such that it's a discounted rate: one kind that's $2800 and one that's $6800 ... I know I told you about their fertility clinic back in Oct, but that was the really good info I got from there and I just wanted to make sure you're aware of it - b/c you are close enuf to take advantage. Sorry if I told you this already ... I just want to maek sure everyone has every opportunity.

(In)Fertile Myrtle said...

Thanks Polly. I will contact Stanford about the trial because it would be nice to save all that money, but I'm hoping the IUI works first. Good luck to you in your journey as well!

Also, believe it or not but that pill # is with a once-a-day pre-natal!