Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Big News

Sorry I've been so quiet but we have big news - we found out on March 14 that the surgery and acupuncture have in fact worked and we are expecting our first on Nov. 24th! It has been a bit of a roller-coaster so far. My betas are as follows:

11 dpo (days past ovulation) -14 (a little low but well within average)
13 dpo -41
14 dpo - 57 (a little slow to go up but ok)
16 dpo - 123 (great #)
21 dpo - 2731!!!

That 21 dpo number is well within the range for multiples - we could be having natural twins, although I would be shocked if we were!

I've had some mild spotting, and my initial hormone levels were a bit low, but these #s show that at least for now, all is very well. I think the spotting was from overdoing it, so I just have to take it easy for the next few weeks.

Our first u/s will be in two weeks and hopefully we will see the heartbeat. We will definitly know then whether it is one or two. I cannot wait for that exam, because once we get past that and all is well, our chances of a miscarriage drop dramatically. I must say though, these numbers are way, way, way above what they were last time, so I am cautiously optimistic this time.

2 comments:

Polly Gamwich said...

Yay! So happy for you - congratulations ... so glad the surgery helped!

Show us the pics of the u/s when you can!

Hugs,
Polly

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

Yaaaaay!!! Congratulations!!! I've been having some spotting too, so it makes me feel better that I'm not alone on that one at least. Can't wait to hear the u/s update!!