Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Symptoms

Someone asked what symptoms I've had so far - a better question is probably what symptoms I haven't had. So here is a list:

- Much larger breasts - I've gone up both a cup and a strap size. I will probably go up at least one more.
- Tired, tired, tired - I went to bed at 8:30 last night
- Morning Sickness - no pukies yet but they are coming - I feel pretty close a lot of the time now
- Blue Veins everywhere - legs, chest stomach, back, ugh!
- Headaches - these are better now but the first week was hell
- Food aversions and cravings - right now I want all the sweet potatoes I can eat, Chinese hot and sour soup, and rose ice cream from Ici, this amazing little place in Berkeley. I cannot stand the idea of anything green that's cooked (salad is fine), chicken soup, noodles, and anything seafood.
- Cramps - a few of the scary kind, more of the normal pinching, pulling, tight feeling
-Spotting - yep, the scary one, but it's been light and it goes away, so so far so good.
-Hot flashes - especially at night, making it hard to sleep. Baby powder on the sheets save me. Have I mentioned that it's been in the 40s and 50s at night and we don't have the heat on?
- Bitchiness - ooooofffff!!! And can you say moody???? An ASPCA commercial was good for 40 minutes of crying the other night. E is thanking our friend Dave for the phrase "I was only kidding."

Other than that, well, pretty much it's all good. Now baby just has to hang on for 34 more weeks!

2 comments:

A - said...

Can I just say how extremely excited I am for you? :D We share a lot of those symptoms and in some way they are comforting to me, knowing that the discomfort is actually pregnancy related. Congrats again!

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

Sounds like we are going through much of the same - except I can't seem to find ANY foods that sound good, and my boobs haven't gotten much bigger yet (whew). What did your doc say about the spotting? Mine said it was normal during the first 3 months. I still hate it.